Gluten Free Turkey Bolognese...that is what's important here...
Trader Joe's has this killer Gluten Free and Vegan Marinara sauce...it's soooooo good!!! I add garlic and next time I'm adding chopped onions but here it is!
OK...so the commissary had spaghetti squash for 60 cents/pound i think...i should have grabbed 2!
Here is the recipe! It is BEYOND easy it's ridiculous!
THIS TAKES AT LEAST 45 MINUTES! There is my warning...If you want softer "noodles" it will take an hour...The squash is a tough sucker! Use some muscle when you cut this OR do what Lindsay suggests below and nuke it for a few minutes to soften it up a bit.
Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean has a GREAT tutorial on 3 Ways to Cook Spaghetti Squash with photos! She also runs the Foodie Pen Pal Program every month!
Here is how I cooked my squash:
I baked my squash...
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Chop the sides so the squash stands up flat
3. Cut the squash in half lengthwise
4. Scoop out the seeds and "hair" (i tossed it but you can just loosen them up and baked the seeds!)
5. I placed parchment paper on my baking pan and then lay the squash hole down and bake!
6. I like the "noodles" kind of crunchy and 45 minutes is perfect...if you want them softer then leave it in the oven for an hour/hour 15 min.
1 pound Ground Turkey
1 Jar Trader Joe's Marinara Gluten Free Sauce
1 Package sliced Mushrooms
1/2 cupish (i threw in a handful) shredded carrots
1. Cook your ground turkey and set aside
2. Pour your sauce into a pan and let it warm up
3. Pour in your mushrooms and carrots and let that simmer for about 10 minutes or until the veggies are your crunchy or mushy likeness!
4. Pour in your ground turkey and mix it all together!
5. Pour on top or to the side of your "spaghetti" and ENJOY!
If you don't have a dairy allergy, parmesan cheese will be SOOOOO yummy on this!! AND these gluten free garlic rolls would be a pretty good plate cleaner!
Here are some photos of the dishes progress!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!!!
I'm linking this recipe up at the awesome Friday Flair Link Party with Whipperberry!!
Have a fantastic weekend!!